Not currently available!
A staff position in information development, design, and architecture, or user experience design, with a Bay Area technology company.
|User, administrator, reference, and installation guides developed with Arbortext Epic Editor, Adobe FrameMaker, and Microsoft Word for print, PDF, and HTML distribution.
|Online help developed with RoboHELP and Microsoft Help Workshop delivered as WinHelp, HTML Help, and WebHelp.
|Web site content, architecture, and administration for high-profile conferences using Adobe GoLive 6.0, WS-FTP Pro, SSH.
|Arbortext Epic Editor
||Paint Shop Pro
||Mac OS X
- Staff Information Developer
Information Management User Technology
Information Integration Solutions, Content Management & Discovery, Enterprise Content Management
IBM Silicon Valley Lab, CA. January 2005 - current.
Developing online documentation for several versions of OmniFind and InfoSphere search and analytics products.
Developed online documentation for leading-edge content management Web client built with AJAX technology, including JSON and Dojo, including custom help.
Developed documentation for WebSphere Information Integrator Content Edition, Version 8.3, and related information integration solutions.
Using Arbortext Epic Editor and IBM Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA); output to HTML delivered in Eclipse information centers and PDF.
- Senior Information Developer
PeopleTools Information Development
PeopleSoft, Pleasanton, CA. July 2001 - December 2004.
Created documentation for new server-side CTI module of PeopleSoft MultiChannel Framework for PeopleTools 8.45
Developed curriculum for PeopleSoft MultiChannel Framework on PeopleTools 8.44.
Collected, edited, and tabulated 166-page release notes for PeopleTools 8.43.
Developed curriculum and administrator documentation for PeopleSoft Enterprise Portal 8.8 with information development team.
Wrote developer documentation for PeopleSoft MultiChannel Framework (CTI, ERMS, Chat, IM) module and PeopleTools Mobile Agent for PeopleTools 8.42.
Wrote end-user documentation for PeopleSoft 8.4 CRM Mobile Sales and FieldService.
Documentation written in Arbortext Epic Editor (XML) or Word, distributed in HTML and print.
- Technical Communication Specialist
PeopleSoft CRM Documentation
PeopleSoft, Santa Clara, CA. July 2000 - July 2001.
Developed, revised, or updated administrator and user guides on FrameMaker for help desk module and telecommunications vertical for leading customer relationship management (CRM) software suite. Distributed as PDF files.
Wrote installation and reference guides for sales force automation applications for WAP phones running on MS SQL Server 7 and Oracle 8 databases. Distributed in PDF, print, and HTML formats.
Wrote installation guide for localized versions of CRM applications.
Wrote release notes, documentation plans; participated in planning meetings.
- Technical Writer
Starfish Software, Scotts Valley, CA. April - July 2000.
Wrote online help in Word and Microsoft Windows Help Workshop, user guides in FrameMaker and Adobe Acrobat for leading wireless data synchronization product.
Edited developer Software Development Kit documentation.
Debugged WinHelp systems in Chinese, Japanese, Italian, Spanish and Swedish.
- Technical Writer
Parametric Technology Corporation (PTC), San Jose, CA. October 1999-April 2000.
Developed online help for mechanical engineering simulation software in Word, RoboHELP Classic, RoboHELP HTML.
Converted documentation from FrameMaker into Word, HTML Help, and PDF.
- Technical Writer
Van Stolk Computer Service, Inc., Capitola, CA. March-May 1999.
Wrote and edited online help for FoxPro-based accounting software inventory module.
Professional memberships and activities
- ACM (Association for Computing Machinery), Member
- SIGCHI, ACM Computer-Human Interaction Special Interest Group, Member
Vice-President for Operations, 2009-2012
Vice-President for Finance 2006-2009
- BayCHI, ACM Bay Area Computer-Human Interaction Special Interest Group; Member
- BayDUX, Co-Chair, Founding member
- UXnet, Local Ambassador for San Francisco Bay Area
- STC (Society for Technical Communication), Silicon Valley Chapter;
Immediate Past President 2004-2005, President 2003-2004,
Vice-President 2002-2003, Treasurer 2000-2002
Received STC President's Award, May 2004
Founding Member of the Communities Transformation Committee
- DUX2003, Designing for User Experiences Conference, San Francisco; Webmaster
- DUX2005, Designing for User Experiences Conferece, San Francisco; Exhibits Liaison
- CHI2004, Vienna, Austria; Webmaster, Session Chair
- CHI 2005, Portland, Oregon; Webmaster, Session Chair
- ACM <interactions> Contributing writer and member of the Editorial Board for the magazine of ACM SIGCHI; wrote a monthly "Pushing the Envelope" column from 2004-2007, and edited reviews 2007-2008.
- Minimalist Design for Documentation, Interface Design, Human Factors for Technical Communicators, Writing for the Database Industry, Developing an Information Plan, Estimating, Scheduling, and Tracking Documentation Projects, The Role of Information Development, Developing Quality Information. U.C. Santa Cruz Extension, 2001-2004.
- Technical Writing and Communication Certificate, July 2000. Coursework included Designing & Publishing Online Documentation, RoboHELP Classic, RoboHELP HTML, Becoming a Technical Information Developer, Documenting C++, Documenting Java, Introductory Java Programming, Survey of Computer Tools & Technology, Usability Testing. U.C. Santa Cruz Extension, 1999-2000.
- Unix Overview, Exploring the File System, Working With Files; Advanced Word 97 and Word 97 for Power Users. CBT courses at PTC, 1999-2000.
- California Community Colleges Instructor Credential, Language Arts & Literature.
- Master of Arts, English. University of California at Los Angeles.
- Bachelor of Arts, General Literature. University of California at San Diego.