Just, really, for the record, as of today it’s seven months since I arrived in Montpellier.
- I have the necessary stamps of approval for me to stay here, but need additional approval beyond the first year — hence another visit to the bureaucracy in a month or two.
- I am days (or weeks ? who knows !) away from possessing my very own Carte Vitale, which grants access to the French healthcare system (I’m already in the system, the card makes it a little easier to access).
- I’m about to be reunited with all those things I shipped to myself, currently in storage near Marseille, I think. Mostly books.
- I have a bunch of new bookcases awaiting those books in a new (to me) apartment.
- My comfort with French conversation is improved.
So far, so good.